Nominations open for 2020-21 curtis pta board
Curtis PTA's nominating committee is accepting nominations for the 2020-21 Curtis PTA board. If you are interested in serving our students, staff and community through a position on the PTA, please CLICK HERE for more details including the nominating form.
Allen Council of PTAs provides several training opportunities throughout the year as well as one-on-one support so everyone feels comfortable in their role. Thank you for your consideration!
PTA Lifetime membership
Nominations for the PTA Lifetime Membership award are being accepted now through March 6, 2020. You may nominate someone who you feel goes “above and beyond” for the Curtis students and community. Please CLICK HERE for the nomination form.
PTA has several volunteer opportunities available. Any help is appreciated!
CMS Scholarship - Open to Current Seniors
CMS PTA is accepting applications from current high school seniors through March 25, 2020. Please CLICK HERE for more details and the application.
PTA Membership Incentive! WIN AIRPODS!
All who join Curtis PTA by May 6, 2020 will be entered into a drawing for Apple Airpods!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can join PTA? Anyone can join PTA: Students, Parents, Neighbors, Extended Family. Everyone who is a member as of 5/6/2020 will be entered into the drawing, students included.
- What is the cost for a membership? $10 each
- How do I join? Visit CurtisCougarPTA.org. You can pay online with a credit card.
- When will you draw the winner? The winner will be drawn on May 6, 2020. The winner will be announced on Curtis announcements on May 8, 2020.
- What are some other benefits for student members?
- Free slice of pizza at the spring dance
- First bell tardy pass
- One free service hour
- Front of lunch line pass
- Free Valogram
Questions? Email Jill, VP Membership, CurtisMS.Membership@gmail.com
This incentive is made possible by the Allen Council of PTAs.
ALLEN EAGLE RUN
The 12th Annual Allen Eagle Run will be held on Saturday, February 29 at Eagle Stadium. Hosted by the Foundation For Allen Schools and the Allen Council of PTAs, the event will feature a one-mile Fun Run, a certified 5K Run and a sleep-in option.
Our campus goal is 100 registrants. The 7th and 8th grade homerooms with the highest percent of registrants will receive:
- A front-of-the-line lunch pass for each student in the homeroom.
- A restaurant gift card for the teacher of that class.
Every student who registers will be entered into a raffle for movie tickets.
Details about registration, fees and deadlines or information about becoming a sponsor are available here. Price is $25 per runner when you register by February 7.
Proceeds from the Allen Eagle Run directly benefit Allen teachers and students through scholarships, teacher tuition reimbursements and classroom grants. Many of our Curtis teachers have been beneficiaries of these grants.