PTA Reflections is a nationally acclaimed student recognition program to encourage artistic creativity in the classroom and at home. Students of all grades and abilities may participate and explore the arts based on the 2023-2024 theme: I am hopeful because...
Students may choose one or all of the available arts categories:
- Primary: Preschool – Grade 2
- Intermediate: Grades 3-5
- Middle School: Grades 6-8
- Special Artist: All grades welcome
Entries are due to CMS by Monday, October 16th. You may turn your entries into the library or to an art teacher.
You must be a member of Curtis PTA in order to enter. CLICK HERE for membership information. Membership must be verifiable by October 31, 2023.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Reflections Program Timeline
Student Entry Deadline at Curtis Middle School: Entries must be turned into the Library or an art teacher by Monday, October 16, 2023
Advancing Entry Deadline at the Council/Regional level: Due Date for Allen ISD Reflections Submissions to Allen ISD Council of PTAs is November 15, 2023.
Advancing Entries to Texas PTA: Entries advancing to Texas PTA from the Council or Regional Coordinators must be received by 5:00 pm on January 15th. If the 15th falls on a weekend or a federal holiday, the acceptance date will extend to the following business day.
Advancing Entries to National PTA: Texas PTA advances selected entries no later than March 1.
SponsorsThank you to our sponsors for the 2023-2024 year:
Allen Veterinary Hospital